I love a good Insta-challenge, it is a fun way to boost creativity, find inspiration and connect with other people all across the world. It was probably only a matter of time before I created my own. Actually I started work on a list of prompts last year, but I put it off until I had more followers. So when fellow blogger Jen suggested we collaborate on an Instagram Photo Challenge, it was a “hell yes! Let’s do it!”
After sharing our 10 things I’m afraid to tell you posts simultaneously, me, Jen, Nikki, Helen and Amy were all keen to collaborate, and on something more fun than sharing our inner-most fears and insecurities! It wasn’t long before #InspirApril took shape, we each contributed six prompts, and we are all doing the challenge together. And we want you to join us because it is going to be fun, also you’re awesome and we want you in our creative club!
Here are the prompts (so you can get planning or still leave it to the last spontaneous minute like I probably will!), just use the hashtag #InspirApril so we can see your posts and follow us on Instagram to see what we post! There may be some surprises in store for our favourite photographic interpretations…
Days 1-6 These are mine so get creative and super stylish! (I’m @CassyFry on Instagram)
1. Your Style – Show us something that sums up your personal style. It could be your favourite outfit, accessory, a print or pattern, or an entire sartorial collection.
2. Favourite Lyrics – Share lyrics from music that moves you or take a photo inspired by a line from a song.
3. Daring Design – We’re talking amazing architecture, cutting edge furniture, high fashion or innovative inventions.
4. Write a Poem – Get creative with language, write a haiku, pen some free verse, mix your metaphors, scribble some sentences, rhyme or don’t rhyme, or just play with random words.
5. Art You Own – Show us the art you surround yourself with, whether paintings, prints, sculpture, ceramics or a beautiful bespoke piece of jewellery.
6. Stylish Creative Selfie – Take a picture of a stylish, creative person. That’s you! (also it is my birthday, so feel free to dress up and party!)
Days 7-12 Next up is magical music maker Nikki Loy (@nikkiloymusic on Instagram)
7. Favourite Place – Show us your favourite place! Is it a chair by the window, a beach on holiday, a mountain top retreat or your creative zone?
8. I feel good when… – What makes you feel good?
9. Music – What does it mean to you? Do you play an instrument? Do you love listening to vinyl or do is silence music to your ears?
10. Gratitude – What are you grateful for today?
11. Making Magic – Show us what makes you feel magical
12. Boss Up – What makes you feel like The Boss, like you can take on the world! Like you got this?! An outfit? A car? A posture? An inspiring person?
Days 13-18 Helen of The Time To Be Happy Project brings the focus and ramps up the Insta-joy (@helenthornber on Instagram)
13. Dream Big – What does your heart & soul desire? What would you do if there were no barriers or limits? What does that look like to you?
14. Opportunity – What opportunities have come your way today to take you one step closer to your dream? It doesn’t matter how tiny or big it is, every opportunity is worth celebrating.
15. Energy – Our energy levels change throughout every month, whether you’re on top of the world or under the duvet embrace your energy levels today and go with the flow. Share what that means to you.
16. My Goal – What are you working towards right now? Share an image of your progress or something that represents your goal.
17. Time – To achieve our goals and make our dreams come true we have to make time to work towards them and sometimes that’s the biggest challenge of all! Celebrate the time you’ve taken to work towards your dreams and goals today by sharing a picture of what you got up to.
18. Taking Action – It’s so easy to over think and be indecisive when you need to take a step forward. Today I challenge you to take action in an area you’ve been procrastinating on. Share it with us so we can celebrate with you!
Days 19-24 feel the wellness and get beautiful with the gorgeous Amy of Amy Loves (@amylovesblog on Instagram)
19. Inspiration – What, where or who inspires you?
20. Self Care – What does self care mean to you? Do you have a self care ritual?
21. Happy Place – What does your happy place look like? Where do you feel most happy? It could be your house, your yoga mat, your grandparents, your favourite holiday destination.
22. Skincare Favourites – What are your favourite products to use on your skin? Snap a picture of your holy grail products and tell us why you love them?
23. Freedom – What does freedom look like to you?
24. Pamper Me – How do you plan to pamper yourself today?
Days 25-30 fashion entrepreneur and handbag heroine, Jennifer Hamley brings us to an inspiring finale (@jenniferhamley on Instagram)
25. Crystal Clear – Had a revelation? Seeing things more clearly now? Do you have a collection of crystals? Or is there a beautiful body of clear water nearby…?
26. My Super Hero – Maybe a fantasy figure, a member of your family, a celebrity or a pet? Hero’s inspire us and are everywhere, who is yours today?
27. Work – Employed, self employed, working on yourself, full time mum, student, party animal or…? – it’s all YOUR work, show us what work means to you.
28. Upside Down – Flip it.
29. Big Leap – Have you taken on a big change in your life? Or do you just want to take flight on camera – I’ll never grow bored of jumping photos!
30. Love is... – What is love? Beautiful and messy? Science and magic? Powerful and…? What love is to you is what LOVE IS – please show us.
So, are you in? C’mon, help us make the next month inspirApril-nal!